- This event has passed.
Low Carbon SMEs Black Country Launch
Thursday 14th March at 9:00 am - 11:00 am
We are delighted to announce that our free low carbon advice and grant support programme is now available to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the Black Country. Eligible businesses can receive dedicated one-to-one support from energy experts and world-class academics to reduce their carbon footprint, and develop a holistic approach to energy efficiency that will lead you to higher productivity and increased net profit
Companies will be given the opportunity to apply for grant funding to cover 50% of the capital costs of replacing old and energy inefficient equipment.
Join us on at our exclusive launch event to find out more and see how you can get involved.
Why should you attend?
- Opportunities to apply for capital grants of up to £12,250 to upgrade plant and equipment to reduce energy costs (matched by company’s own funds)
- Sign up to a FREE 2-5 day diagnostic identifying energy and process efficiency savings
- Networking opportunities with industry experts including HS2 Engine for Growth
- Increase production & productivity through long term collaboration opportunities with Aston University academics
|09:00am||Registration & networking|
|09:30 AM||Welcome note by the Project Director
Professor Prasanta Dey
|09:40 AM||Opening address by The Right Worshipful the Mayor of Wolverhampton
Councillor Phil Page
|09:50 AM||Introduction to the Low Carbon SMEs Programme
John Kyffin-Hughes (Business Engagement Manger)
|10:00 AM||Presentation by High Speed Two (HS2)
Robert Slater (Supply Chain Manager)
|10:20 AM||Low carbon business case study by Collins (formerly known as UTC)
Gail Dawson/ (Environmental Health and Safety Manager)/ Mark Sharples (Operations Manager)
|10:50AM||Queen’s Awards for Black Country Businesses
Dr Satya Sharma MBE DL(Deputy Lieutenant, Lead of Wolverhampton Group)
Slyvia Perkin MBE TD JP DL(Deputy Lieutenant, Lead of Sandwell Group
Dr. Nasir Awan MBE DL(Deputy Lieutenant, Business Group Lead)
|11:00 AM||Interactive roundtable discussions & 1-2-1 surgery sessions with expert advisors|
|11:50 AM||Closing note|
|12:00 PM||Buffet lunch and networking|
- Have an annual turnover of not exceeding €50 million and/or an annual balance sheet not exceeding €43million
- This workshop is open to all SMEs in the Black Country (Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall, and Wolverhampton) LEP area only.
- Have received no more than €200,000 of de minimis State Aid in the past 3 years.
- Employ less than 250 employees
This Programme is part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
Directions & Parking-
From Coxwell Avenue take the first left to enter Glaisher Drive then take the very first right for the Business Solutions Centre (which is the first building on your right). Use the postcode WV10 9TG on google maps for the Growth Hub (Business Solutions Centre).
There is plenty of free parking on site however this is on a first come first serve basis, there is additional parking in the overflow car park, which is just a short walking distance from the centre. Any enquiries please contact our receptionist on 01902 322624 .
For any questions about this event, please email- email@example.com or call us on 0121 204 3480, 0121 204 4248. To find out more about Low Carbon SMEs, please visit-http://www.smelowcarbon.co.uk.