- This event has passed.
EXPORT GROWTH MASTERCLASS NOVEMBER
Tuesday 6th November 2018 at 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Whatever your size or sector, the rewards from selling your products or services overseas can be huge. West Midlands Chambers of Commerce ERDF SME International Growth Project along with the Department for International Trade are hosting a series of Masterclasses designed to give you the support to grow your business on a global scale…
All of these workshops will be hosted at Black Country Chamber of Commerce. The sessions will run from 09:00-13:00, including a networking lunch finishing at 13.30.
We would encourage you to attend all three Masterclasses however if you only wish to attend one or two, that’s no problem and this can be selected through the booking process.
This is a series of events, with the second one covering:
International negotiation skills
- Understanding in different cultures what a “negotiation” is and the “ “8 steps to successful negotiation” involved
- How to understand and negotiate with differing body languages around the world
- How to plan effectively for improved results
- Applying the Value Proposition Canvas (introduced during the “How to Increase Your Export Sales Masterclass”) to create and claim value in a negotiation
- Consideration of different cultures business styles and the impact this has on negotiations
- Identifying potential biases and other factors that can affect outcomes
- How to and when not to use influence to improve the outcome
- Identifying when not to negotiate
- Agreeing “The Deal” skills
- Effective following up techniques