What is Connect 2 Grow?
The Connect 2 Grow project aims to raise digital awareness and increase the levels of digital skills within eligible Marches businesses.
The project will achieve this by offering advice in the following areas:
- Web design management, e-commerce and social media
- Cyber Crime and Cyber security (including a basic cyber check-up)
- Drone technologies
- CAD and BIM services
- Local access to live streamed workshops and/or events
The project will conduct a wide-ranging digital review and basic digital skills assessment to identify potential digital requirements for your business.
What will the Project Offer?
- The project will provide opportunities for SMEs to benchmark their current proficiency in the digital arena through a Digital Review and Skills Analysis
- A minimum of 12 hours of specialist support drawn from; access to free targeted workshops and events, 1 to 1 advice , digital review outcomes leading to a comprehensive research driven Advisory Report
- The project will offer the opportunity to take on a placement to help support the implementation of any new products or services identified through the project by supporting up to 50% of the cost (to a maximum grant value of £1,875)
- SME – Small to Medium Sized Enterprise(s)
- Trading in the Marches (paying business rates to either Herefordshire, Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin local authorities.)
- Trading a minimum of 12 months (evidence to be provided)
- Turnover not exceeding 50 million Euro’s
- Balance Sheet total not exceeding 43 million Euro’s
Definitions of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises:
The category micro, small and medium-sized enterprise (SMEs) is made up of enterprises which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding EUR 50 million, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million.
Enterprises are not classed as an SME if 25% of their voting rights or capital is directly or indirectly owned or controlled, jointly or individually, by one or more public bodies.
More information on the SME definition. (PDF Document, 770KB)