Owners and employees of eligible SMEs are invited to attend FREE business innovation workshops as part of the Innovation Voucher programme. These workshops will allow SMEs to:
- Access academic and industry business innovation knowledge and expertise
- Get help and direction with identifying their business growth potential
- Create a business innovation strategy to help them achieve their business development objectives
- Connect with other companies looking for business collaborations to drive innovative ideas for business growth
- Discover how they can obtain a £2,500 Innovation Voucher to spend on business innovation activities
The Business Innovation Workshops are delivered in three parts:
- WORKSHOP 1: Envisioning for growth through innovation
- WORKSHOP 2: Strategy and leadership for innovation
- WORKSHOP 3: Marketing and finance for innovation
All workshops start at 9:30am and finish at 5.00pm. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Click the relevant links below to book.
WORKSHOP 1: Envisioning for growth through innovation
Businesses are exposed to lots of uncertainties in their environment. As well as the everyday internal challenges businesses face, external factors such as the state of the economy, rapid changes in technology or a turbulent political landscape can make it difficult for businesses to prepare a robust growth strategy for the future.
This workshop will give SMEs hands on tools to understand how to grow their business within the context of the environment around them – whether they’re looking to grow regionally, nationally or even internationally.
WORKSHOP 2: Strategy and leadership for innovation
The workshop is designed around 3 pillars:
- Pillar 1: Generating ideas, identifying and exploiting opportunities
- Pillar 2: Formulating an appropriate strategic position and business model
- Pillar 3: Setting up organisational mechanisms and culture that support innovation
It is designed to help SMEs build their strategic leadership capacity and enhance the cultural and structural effectiveness of their organisation for innovation.
WORKSHOP 3: Marketing and finance for innovation
This workshop focuses on the importance of matching marketing strategy with opportunities in order to maximise chances of success; a method of ‘connecting’ what the SME can do to successfully win new business. This workshop will also present the latest research on availability of business finance including traditional forms, innovation in funding including peer to peer and crowd funding, social lending etc.