Does your business need help with digital skills?
The Digital Passport project can help!
What is Digital Passport?
The Digital Passport project aims to raise digital awareness and increase the levels of digital skills within eligible Black Country businesses.
- SME – Small to Medium Sized Enterprise(s)
- Trading in the black country ( paying business rates to either Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall or Wolverhampton local authorities.
- Trading a minimum of 12 months (evidence to be provided)
- Turnover not exceeding 50 million Euro’s
- Balance Sheet total not exceeding 43 million Euro’s
- Broadband Vouchers – (Qualify if broadband speed is less than 30mb)
Definitions of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises:
The category micro, small and medium-sized enterprise (SMEs) is made up of enterprises which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding EUR 50 million, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million.
Enterprises are not classed as an SME if 25% of their voting rights or capital is directly or indirectly owned or controlled, jointly or individually, by one or more public bodies.
More information on the SME definition. (PDF Document, 770KB)
The project will achieve this by offering advice in the following areas:
- Web design management, e-commerce and social media
- Cyber Crime and Cyber security (including a basic cyber check-up)
- Drone technologies
- CAD and BIM services
The project will conduct a wide-ranging digital review and basic digital skills assessment to identify potential digital requirements for your business.
What will the Project Offer?
- A minimum of 12 hours of specialist support drawn from; access to free targeted workshops and events, 1 to 1 advice, digital review outcomes leading to a comprehensive research driven Advisory Report
- The project will offer Broadband Connection Vouchers to enable the take-up of superfast broadband by supporting up to 50% of the cost (to a maximum grant value of £1000)
- The project will offer the opportunity to take on a placement to help support the implementation of any new products or services identified through the project by supporting up to 50% of the cost (to a maximum grant value of £1475)